Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sort of a place holder...

Mr. Sun
I have a couple of pieces in the hopper...i.e., completed, but not yet in the hands of their recipients.  So I can't post them yet...shucks!

I hate to go this long not putting something up for people to see, so I'm going to dip back into the files for a couple of "place holders".
Sleeping Man in the Moon
These two pictures are of carvings that I did a couple of years ago for my grandson's room.  I'm pretty sure that Mr. Sun was the first one followed thereafter by the Sleeping Man in the Moon.  

I believe that I can take full credit for the design of the sun (I once had sunglasses that looked just like that.) but, as I recall, the moon is an unabashed copy of something that I found on the net way back when.

Both are done in basswood...what else?

One from the Bench:

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

'Til next time...and hopefully it won't be too long...keep makin' chips!

No comments: