Friday, February 4, 2011

I wasn't expecting this one at all

Some time last year I carved the "Water is Life" plaque (left) to commemorate the passing of a woman from a co-worker's church who had devoted her life to raising money to install water wells in Malawi. 
I sort of assumed that it would be hung in their church or given to the woman's family as a memorial.  But I was wrong.  Apparently, this past Lenten Season, my co-worker's church raised enough money to have another well installed in Malawi.  One of the parishioners took the money and the plaque to Malawi and this picture shows the results of their -- and I guess my -- efforts. 

All those happy people kinda made me feel good this morning.  (I'm guessing that the plaque won't stay out there on the pump.)
















My co-worker  indicated that his church is planning on raising money for another well during this upcoming Lenten season.  So, if you are interested in helping in that effort, drop me an e-mail and I'll connect  you with him.

That's enough.  I probably don't really need a "One from the Bench" today:-)


'Til next time...keep makin' chips!

No comments: