Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Christmas Spoons


















As I mentioned before, I have been busy getting ready for an upcoming Craft Show in November. But finally, I can reveal a couple of the new spoons for this year’s show. Folks, meet Santa, the Snowman and the Holly Spoon.
I’m reasonably pleased with these spoons and I’m very anxious to see how well the crowd likes them. Because they have more detail and are painted, they take considerably more time to produce than my other spoons. So, unfortunately unless people snap them up, I may have to forego them next year.
There is not much to say about them. They were carved from Basswood, as you have probably already guessed.

The Holly Spoon is a modified version of a common used pattern. I think that I’m going back to the old style. I think the overall balance was better.

I’ve carved several of the Snowman spoons over the years. I used the patented “Lynn Daughty Polka Dot Painting Technique” on this one. It is amazing what a nice job the blunt end of a toothpick will do!

I had a little trouble with Santa this year. I don’t think that he is jolly enough. I’ll have to work on him for next year.

If you’re in the Pittsburgh Area and want to see them in person, send me an e-mail and I’ll tell you where the show is located.

One for the Bench:

                 "A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory."

‘Til next time...keep makin’ chips!

No comments: